Thursday 3 January 2013

New Years Eve

Happy New Year Guys and Guys! 2013 is here! Hope everyone enjoyed NYE and had fun!

I was at a treatment centre at Waterloo station (well outside it, rather than in it but you get the picture), and I treated quite a few intoxicated patients. One things, that several other medics at various treatment centres and I came across was that lots of intoxicated patients had come with friends, but those friends had abandoned them when they became ill or unconscious. SERIOUSLY???

"Faithful in Adversity"- Royal Army Medical Corps motto

You should always remember that motto when going out drinking with the intention of getting drunk. As stated in my previous post "The Effect and Consequences of Mixing Drugs and Alcohol", the friend or person with the intoxicated patient is sometimes more useful to us (the medical personnel). As sometimes the patient might either not remember/refuse to tell what and how much they've drunk, in which case the friend can tell us what they've drunk allowing us to treat more effectively.

My journey home was interesting after NYE celebrations (think I got the train at about 0450), got onto the train and a group of drunk people started clapping and hugging me and saying thank you!

Anyways, 2013 is here! I hope you have a great year! I'm ready for 2013, SO LET'S DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment